Kolmi Hopen the French mask manufacturer
Kolmi Hopen is part of the Medicom
group which has several sites around the world in the USA, Canada, China, Russia and the Netherlands. Medicom being more specialized in the field of disposable gloves
with standardized and qualitative products, the merger of the two entities has allowed a synergy.
The European headquarters are located in Angers, France, where protective masks such as FFP2, FFP1, FFP3 disposable masks
and a whole range of surgical masks for the hospital and medical sector are produced and designed.
Kolmi Hopen also manufactures a full range of overshoes
and personal protective equipment products at this site.
The Angers site is a manufacturing site that extends over 14,000 m2
with the latest generation machines and rigorous safety and hygiene standards allowing Kolmi Hopen to be referenced by the French Government within the framework of the supply of protective mask.
The Kolmi Hopen plant in Angers thus has a 1000m2 "clean room" classified ISO 8
in order to meet the quality requirements of this family of products.
The Kolmi mask range is structured around a range of medical masks:
- Type IIR medical masks which protect the patient and the nursing staff against the risk of contamination but also against the projection of potentially contagious biological liquids
- Type II medical masks that protect the patient and caregivers against the risk of contamination
- FFP1 / FFP2 / FFP3 respiratory masks against external risks
Kolmi Hopen and Covid19
Since February 2020, the Kolmi Hopen teams have been faced with significant challenges in order to meet unprecedented demand. Kolmi Hopen's actions were as follows:
- Work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since the beginning of February 2020
- 11 new production lines received, adjusted and integrated into production
- 150 recruitments to respond to the present moment and prepare for the future
- 1 new production site set up in 2 months
- Investments of up to 8 million euros
and many other actions...